A Hodgepodge post

 I suddenly realized that it's been quite a while since I've posted. Not a huge deal, since I know I don't have this huge fan base following me, expecting to see new stuff put up all the time. :) My main goal for this blog was to have a place to easily post up detailed info about the five notebooks, and any new developments that come along that I don't wish to change my website for.

One of the reasons I've not posted for a bit was because I was putting my energies into another book launch. This time actually related to my career field!  I finished my masters degree in music education last fall and to celebrate it, I launched the Celebrate series--a set of musical devotionals I wrote a few years ago when I was teaching online. Of course, along with this comes another website creation, a new Facebook page, and various other social media outlays in order to get some attention on my books.

These are somewhat seasonal though, so I don't intend to put the same kind of consistent attention into the Celebrate series as I do my Highland dance books. I have two Celebrate books for the Christmas season, and then one other that is not related to a holiday, although it would be nice for Holy Week leading up to Easter. If I'm feeling inspired in the next couple months, I think I might like to write a new one specifically for Easter, based on St. Matthew's Passion by Bach.

Over this Valentines/Family Day weekend, I turned my attention back to MHDN with a new general ad to post on Kijiji and Facebook Marketplace.



I also did a bit of editing and adjusting to my website. I find it a bit annoying that I can't get the exact same font for my titling as I did for the books. Canva has it, so lot of my advertising has the right font, but Wix and Blogger do not so my website just has a similar font.

Lastly, and most excitingly, I'm teaming up with another Instagram account for a month long campaign! Fling Together is an account MHDN follows and a few weeks ago I had this idea of making a poster that promoted both their practice challenges, and MHDN. What a perfect pair--a practice challenge, and the tool to track it! Well, they must have thought so too, because they asked me if I'd like to sponsor their March challenge. I will be offering a free book to Fling Together's practice challenge winner, and they will be promoting my posts during the month. I'd better get posting!

~LK

Comments

Popular Posts