Week five of the Video Spotlight Campaign: The Intermediate Level

 Excited to share the next installment in the Video Spotlight series today: The Intermediate Level.

As I remarked on Facebook, the background we shot this in front of is my favourite of all five videos. To film these, James of JK Sound Studios (and also my husband) and I wandered around Fair Havens Ministries in Beaverton, Ontario, and just let inspiration strike.  I had an idea for the first video, and from there we just scouted around until a setting struck our fancy.

The previous video (Novice Level) was filmed at the bottom of the hill in front of the Gamebridge locks of the Trent-Servern Waterway, or the Trent Canal as most of us call it. For this video, we pivoted about 70 degrees to the cameraman's left (ok, I have no idea what direction we would have been in) and found a really beautiful spot where the rock shoreline, the canal, and the trees on the opposite shore just came together in this really lovely scene.

The only problem was that there were fishermen and picnickers nearby; a few kids racing around. We didn't feel we could ask them to be quiet since it was a public space, so we just took a deep breath and started filming. The final take has the sound of a manual air pump, as some guy was inflating his rubber dinghy, but I decided not to let it bother me. The sounds of real life, right?!







Comments

Popular Posts