Photo Shoot Sneak Peak!

 After my author copies arrived, and I was assured that the books all looked the way I wished them to, I began considering what I was going to do with them--I didn't want to let five good copies go to waste!

I decided that I would use them all for further promotion by sending them to some vendors as demo copies. But before that, I wanted to get one other project out of them: A photo shoot!

I looked around the internet at book promotion ideas and actually, didn't see much out there like I was imagining. Most book launch photo layouts were of stacks of books sitting on tables that may or may not have had a nice tablecloth on them. A few books would be propped upright in front, or perhaps on a mini-easel. I could find no better inspiration than what I had in my head already, so I decided to forge ahead with my own plans.

I employed the services of an award winning photographer...my daughter Honour. :) She has won numerous first and second place ribbons at the Ancaster County Fair for her beautiful photography. 





Then, I thought of the prettiest place I knew of for a backdrop. It happened to be the place where the above photo was taken--Fair Havens Bible Conference in Beaverton, Ontario. We've camped there for years.

I gathered a few props--mostly some of Honour's highland dance costumes and accessories. I was really hoping to find an old pair of ghillies, but none were to be found...I must have donated her shoes back to her dance studio. 

Today we finished the last of the photos and I decided to release one as a sneak peek. In a few days, I'll have the rest ready in a special presentation!


Comments

Popular Posts