Canva is really cool!

For a few months, I'd been hearing about an app/website that assists you in creating promotional materials for Facebook, Instagram, etc. You can also use it to create slide shows like Powerpoint, and I recall one of my teaching assistants mentioning that she used Canva to create a checklist hand-out for my choir kids. I decided to check it out a few weeks ago, and I'm SO pleased with the amazing looking stuff I can make!  

You've actually already seen one of my first Canva projects--back on June 11 when I posted the green backgrounded quote from "Claire H." about My Highland Dance Notebooks. I'd also posted a 9-block poster on Facebook that interspersed the covers of the books with beautiful shots of Scotland (Canva provides those!).

Of course, like many of these online services, there is a free version that gives you the basic capabilities, but if you want anything advanced, you'll have to upgrade to "Pro". I have only once purchased a photo that I really wanted (and needed for a school assignment) but it only cost me $1.39. That's WAY better than any of these stock photo websites that you have to sign up for, or pay huge dollars for a one-off.

I'm especially loving these posters I created, one for each book, and especially that they employ a bit of animation (didn't mean to do that, it was the just the template I chose, lol!). I'm not sure if they will animate here on the blog, but if not, you can just hop over to my Facebook page, and see them animate there. :)















Comments

Popular Posts